We hope you are all keeping safe and well during this extremely testing period. Life has changed for us all over the past year and we, like you, have been doing our best to navigate the new ‘norm’.
Our aim to create the same warm welcome that we always have, whilst observing our stringent new safety measures.
We are carrying out these measures in a way that is true to who we are, so whilst the health and safety of our team and guests is our absolute top priority, we still want you to be able to relax in a space that feels familiar.
We have introduced several measures to help protect both our guests and our colleagues:
• We have carried out a full risk assessment.
• Adapted shift patterns to allow our teams to return to work safely.
• Every member of staff has been trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and their fellow team members.
• New HR policies and processes have been implemented.
• We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
• We are communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards.
• All of our team have been supplied with PPE as required, specifically to kitchen and housekeeping teams.
• We will be conducting daily health checks of our teams when they arrive on site.
• We are limiting the number of guests in our hotel at any one time in line with the Government’s guidance on social distancing.
• Where possible, we have made separate entrances and exits to our hotel, so that it is easier to keep a safe distance from other guests. Our team works together to manage queues.
• We now have signage in all areas to ensure customers keep 1+ metres apart when queuing at reception and have a new seating arrangement in line with Government social distancing rules.
• Our colleagues and customers wellbeing are our top priority, and we have taken extra measures to protect them both by installing protective Perspex screens on our tills to provide more protection between our customers and colleagues.
• We are doing full table service currently outside only and we are encouraging our guests to order in a cashless and contactless way to prevent unnecessary contact.
• We do not except bookings for mixed tables of more than 6 people or larger tables of 2 households in line with Government rules. (unless they are from the same support bubble).
• All tables and chairs are fully cleaned; all menus are cleaned after use, we are using individual sachets for condiments where possible (if they are not single use we are cleaning them after each groups use and our staff will carry out a deep clean every day.
• We have adapted the Arrival, Check In and Check Out process to speed this up, to support physical distancing and to ensure the safety of all guests and team members.
Here is how you can help:
• Please wear a mask in public areas of the hotel (this is unless you are medically exempt).
• You may only enter the inside of the hotel to walk through to the patio area or to use the cloakroom.
• All visitors aged 16+ will be required to scan the QR code supplied on the entry doors or give the staff details on arrival to comply with NHS Track and Trace.
• Some waiting for table service is inevitable, of course, and your patience is appreciated.
• We kindly ask you to amend your reservation if you are showing any symptoms. Please re-book with us once self-isolation has taken place.
• You must observe social distancing at all times and you must remain seated, vertical eating or drinking is not permitted.
• Wash your hands regularly and use Hand sanitiser which is available all around the Hotel.
• It is the responsibility of guests to ensure they are remaining within their social distancing bubbles at all times. You cannot interact with other tables.
Thank you for your support and commitment to working together to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please remember your health and safety is paramount to us.
The welfare of our guests at the Swan Hotel is always our first priority. We have been working extremely hard, so that when you are able to visit us again, you can do this feeling assured that we have in place all the precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you and your fellow delegates safe.
We have rethought and reworked our business meetings. All our team have been trained, so we can get back to doing what we do best, welcoming you again. These procedures are under constant review and we will always follow the guidelines provided by the government.
Our team will send you all of the information in relation to your meeting; from which function room you will be in, to your arrival and departure times and menu options. All guests must scan the QR code supplied on the entry doors on arrival to comply with NHS Track and Trace.
On arrival at the hotel one of our members of staff will be waiting for you to direct your guests to where they need to go, avoiding any risk of overcrowding in spaces.
We have put in place hand sanitising stations and all guests should wear face coverings when entering the hotel and when moving around public spaces.
Function room set up
Our function rooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your event, during your breaks and checked by our management team. We will close our function rooms once they have been cleaned prior to your event, so you can be assured there has been no contamination between cleaning and the start of your event.
We have adjusted our room and seating configurations to ensure all current government social distance guidelines can be maintained at all times.
Hand sanitisers will be provided in your function room.
Your meals will be served at your tables, so that social distancing can be maintained at all times.
All refreshments will be of an individual serving throughout.
Each private dining event will follow all current government guidelines for social distancing. Table service will be available throughout the duration, including drinks. There will be no bar service.
Once your event has ended, our team will fully disinfected and deep clean the event room, equipment and the designated break out spaces before the room is used again.
Book a Room
Book direct for the best rate guaranteed
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest news, Special offers & more…